17 April 2016

A Postcard from Antarctica?!?


This stamp was issued on 25 October 2015. It belongs to a set of four penguins. This one is the Macaroni (Don't you love the hairstyle?).

A penguin is not a mammal of the sea, so this would not do for today's Sunday Stamps-II. But it arrived on the back of this postcard, showing a Young Bull Fur Seal on Bird Island... Would you accept that?

Photograph taken by Mr Ben Osborne
I had absolutely to share this postcard because it arrived from a place that is difficult to add to the places I've been to category: South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands. A postcard from Antarctica! How cool is it? It arrived on 1 April, after a 34-days trip.


As you can see on the postmark, it was sent from King Edward Point Research Station, but the sender remains a mystery. If it was you, I just want let you know that you made my day! (And of course, let me know if you wish to receive a postcard back.) Mystery solved! I don't know exactly who sent it, but I know who arranged the sending.

13 comments:

  1. Accepted for sure. Such a wonderful stamp, postcard, mystery!

    (it was not me :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super card to arrive in your mailbox, definitely has the wow factor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is incredible. Lucky you, and what a cool card and stamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt really lucky when I found it in the mailbox. It's a treasure!

      Delete
  4. Wow...antarctics...et les timbres sont superbe

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting to get a card from Antarctica!!
    (and a chance to see a penguin - with a seal - is quite acceptable. this was probably a more challenging topic than I thought it would be!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably have some stamps of sea mammals,but I didn't look for the,. I just wanted to publish this!

      Delete
  6. Brilliant - the penguin and the seal. You must be very proud to have that card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been certainly a wonderful surprise.

      Delete
  7. The mystery has been solved. Well, I don't know exactly who sent it, but I know who arranged the sending.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.