12 April 2016

Hand-Written Card Wanted


I sent this letter to Hana (Japan), because Heleen told me about her collection of languages. She wants people to send her a 10x15 cm (4x6 in) papers/postcards with some sentences written in their mother tongue, inside an envelope. (If you wish to help her, you can contact Hana via Postcrossing or via Instagram.)

I immediately wanted to collaborate (I love odd collections, you know). But that raised a complex question. Imagine you are sending only few words in your language, which is completely unknown by the recipient, to the other side of the world... Which words would you choose?

In case you feel curious: I selected the poem Orografia aèria (see the 2n page for English translation), by Anna Aguilar-Amat.

6 comments:

  1. How interesting, Eva -- and I love odd collections too. Did you get my mail to you yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pamela!
      I'm afraid nothing has arrived from you :/
      It has been a big odd with American mail lately. I hope it isn't lost!

      Delete
  2. How nice that you wrote her!

    I've written some proverbs, and explanations (and question marks) about those proverbs :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and the letter arrived. Thanks for the hint.

      Delete
  3. It might have been a hard choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I wonder what would you choose...

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.