30 September 2017

Canadian Shape


Postcard received from Phillip (Canada). It shows "The eclectic shops & sights of Toronto's Chinatown and Kensigton Market".

On the back, three stamps belonging to the set that Canada Post issued to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the country.



I think that set is really cool (see here the stories behind every stamp). I have been very lucky, because I have got even more of them. For instance, on this cool envelope sent also by Phillip, with special postmarks.





And on this letter sent by Rosemary:





-------

I added this post to Maria's link Postcards for the Weekend. This week's theme is Touristic multi-view.

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you have both pieces of mail i sent from Canada. I thought you might have to wait until Christmas for the envelope ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told you in a letter (don't tell me it is lost...!) that I got it the day I was leaving. Actually, when I was going out to take the bus, the mail carrier arrived :)

      Delete
    2. Let's not say the letter is lost, let's just say it hasn't arrived yet.

      Delete
  2. I like the dynamism of the card, superb stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did, for a very short time, live in Kensington Market. It is a cool place - but I found it a little too noisy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to visit the place, but I prefer quieter places for live in at this stage.

      Delete
  4. The Chinatown sights are somehow similar to the Chinatown we have here in Singapore. The siew mai (lower right) is something I love to snack on :D

    Thanks for sharing this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.