19 June 2016

Some Cartoons on Stamps

Today's Sunday Stamps - II: Cartoon characters. I thought I had uploaded all my stamps about this theme to the blog. But after a closer look...



Two more Donald (and friends) stamps, from the Netherlands. I do not know the year of issue.


Also from the Netherlands:


Jan, Jans en de Kinderen (or Jack, Jacky and the Juniors) is a Dutch comic strip by Jan Kruis, starting in the seventies. This stamp was issued on 6 October 1998 (both in normal and fluorescent paper, I have read - ?). I love the theme of the stamp: A reminder not to forget to use a stamp!


Suske en Wiske (or Spike and Suzy,Willy and Wanda, Bob et Bobette...) is a Belgian comics series created by the comics author Willy Vandersteen. The stamp was issued on 18 March 1997, in the Netherlands. Did you know these characters?




From the USA, two vintage comics but still ongoing: Archie (first appeared in 1941) and Dennis the Menace (since 1951). These stamps were issued in 2010, along with other three comic characters: Garfield, Calvin und Hobbes and Beetle Bailey.


And, from Finland, I have received some Moomins, the well-known characters by illustrator and writer Tove Jansson. However I had not heart about them before I joined Postcrossing. One more thing I have learned thanks to stamps! The stamps below were issued in different years. I think Finland issues regularly stamps with Moomins!






12 comments:

  1. Moomins! Of course they should show up in Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I only know about the Moomins because of Sunday Stamps. Great selection today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I started as postcrosser, there were a lot of Finnish postcrossers. People complained because they received a lot of Finnish postcards (I can't understand; usually they are very nice, and os are the stamps). So I learned a bit about Finland and, of course, Moomins. Eventually... I travelled to Finland.

      Delete
  3. Les timbres de moomins sont super!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for showing so many wonderful stamps!

    And I didn't know that Jan, Jans and the children have been translated into English, so thank you for letting me learn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you sent these Dutch stamps... :D

      I didn't know more of these characters before receiving the stamps.

      Delete
  5. Almost like having a comic to read with all your stamp characters. Always love the moomins on stamps and glad they make regular appearances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D
      I'm delighted when I receive a Moomin!

      Delete
  6. The selection of the week. Dennis the Menace is well known to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bob. I didn't know Dennis the Menace, but I absolutely love his name.

      Delete

Thank you for coming. All your comments make me extremely happy.